When working with the Canon printer, it is foreseeable that you will some or the other ways encounter a paper jam issue. Here, Canon printer experts will define few easy steps on how to troubleshoot Canon printer paper jam issue. This kind of paper jam issue generally occurs due to number of misplaced paper locations. Though nowadays, most of the modern printers are similar in architecture but you may require making slight modifications depending on the model of the printer purchased.
Steps to Fix Canon printer paper jam issue
Step1: Locate and remove all the stuck papers in the loading tray
- Remove all the available loose papers in the loading tray.
- Press the Resume icon which is located on the front of the printer.
- If the paper jam is found to be absolutely cleared, skip to the “Ensure the printer carriage can move freely” section.
- Remove any kind of paper which is stuck in the one sheet at a time, starting in the middle.
- Check for any kind of available pieces of paper.
- If the paper jam is cleared out completely, skip to the “Ensure the printer carriage can move freely” section again.
- Clearing the jam from rear of the printer
Step2: Remove the rear access panel
- First locate the knob or access tab which can be found at the back of the printer or on the panel itself. If it seems to be a knob then try to move it to the “Unlocked” position.
- Remove carefully the panel and then pull out the jammed paper next.
- Locate and clear out all the small bits of remaining paper to proceed with the process of removing the Canon printer paper jam issue
- Replace by securing the rear panel.
Step3: Remove the two-sided printing accessory
- Press the “release” button on either end of the module at the same time to remove it.
- Remove the panel and carefully pull out the jammed paper.
- Locate and clear away any small bits of paper that remain.
- Push the module back carefully
- Hit the “button on top” option of the module and then get access to the door.
- Remove the panel and pull out the Canon jammed paper carefully.
- Locate and clear away all remaining paper
- Close carefully the rear module door.
Step4: Pull out the paper under the front cover
If all the previous steps have failed to solve your issues then attempt to remove the jammed paper by simply pulling them out from under the front cover.
Step5: Ensure free move of the ink cartridge
- Disconnect the printer directly from the power location by unplugging the power cord from the power outlet area.
- Watch out for some time whether the carriage is moving all the way to the right-hand side of the printer or not. Make sure that you do not force the carriage to move if it’s already stuck to avoid damage to the printer
- You need to carefully remove the ink cartridge
- Next try to carefully remove the paper in the loading tray.
- Remove the two-sided printing feature.
- Next, you need to rotate the rollers toward the top of the printer for approximately three continuous rotations.
- Now, replace the ink cartridges carefully.
- Plug the printer back in and turn it on again.
- Reload and then test the printer fir further issues
Call our Canon Printer Customer Support department for any related queries. We are available 24 hours to assist users in overcoming their issues on prompt basis.