The users of Canon mp460 Printer may encounter the Error Code 5100 when they accessing the Canon printer and performing the printing task. Many numbers of users complaint to receive the Error Code 5100 on their computer or printer display screen, when they doing the printing task with their Canon mp460 Printer and often they are unable to print with that. You probably come across such type of Error Code 5100, and you will need to immediate Fix Canon mp460 Printer Error Code 5100. The main cause Error 5100 is a carriage error that can usually be fixed by using service mode and flushing the printer heads when it has a blockage. Then don’t worry about anything! Solving Canon mp460 Printer Error Code 5100 is not a big issue for you. Here the blog will guide you some easy methods to resolve the error.
Solutions to Fix Canon mp460 Printer Error Code 5100
Solution 1:- Verify Inside Printer for a Tiny Object
- First, you have to printer turned off and the power cord unplugged.
- Then open the machine and inspect the inside. Verify that you see any stray pieces of paper along the paper’s usual route. Also, look inside for a tiny object like a piece of paper, a staple.
If you are found tiny objects, then you should go to next solution.
Solution 2:- Clean the Timing Strip
You should try to clean the timing strip, then there is a thin plastic strip running across the width in front of and below the drive belt. There are five black vertical lines on this strip. If the strip gets a piece of crud on it, you get an Error Code 5100 during the start-up sequence.
Then gently clean this strip with a damp lint-free tissue or clean clothes.
Solution 3: – Reseat the Ink Cartridges On your Canon mp460 printer
- Turn off the Canon mp460 printer and unplug it from the outlet.
- Press the “On/Off” button while you plug the cable back in.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button two times while holding down the “On/Off” button, then let go of the “On/Off” button. This puts the printer into factory mode.
- Hit the right arrow button until you see “Shipping Mode 3” on the LCD display. Hit “OK” to select it.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button when you see a message that says “Without Cleaning.” This tells the Canon mp460 printer to print out a test page.
- Lift up the Canon mp460 MP 470 printer cover and wait for the cartridges to move to the left. Then unplug the printer from the outlet.
- Lift out both ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Plug the power cable back in and hit the “On/Off” button.
- Place the ink cartridges back inside once you see a message that says “Replace Cartridges.”
- Wait a few minutes for the printer to recognize the cartridges before trying to print.
Now check the error is resolved, if not, then go to the next solution.
Solution 4:- Reset the Ink Absorber On Your Canon mp460 Printer
You should try to reset the waste ink absorber on a Canon mp460 printer, which might help to resolve Error Code 5100 which appear when turning on your Canon mp460 Printer.
Follow the steps to do the task:-
- Make sure the printer is turned off.
- Press and hold the “Resume” button (triangle inside a circle).
- At the same time as it is held down, hold down the “Power” button. Then green led light will ON.
- Keep the “Power” button held down. Then release the “Resume” button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
- Release the “Power” button.
- Press the “Resume” button four times and then press the “Power” button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
- Turn off the printer and then turn it on again.
- Now start your work and observe still you are receiving an error. If yes, then go to the next step.
Solution 5:- Remove and Reset All Ink Tanks
Resolve the issue by trying to remove and reseat “All Ink Tanks”.
Follow these steps to do the task:-
- First, verify the paper feed areas of the printer, by using a flashlight of your mobile or other bright light. Also, verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
- Then look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
- Next, remove and reset all of the ink tanks inside the printer.
I hope your issue is fixed.
Related blog How To Fix Canon Printer Error 5012?
In case, if you are still experiencing the same error, then you should contact our Canon Customer Service team to obtain quick help.
Dial Canon Printer Support Number For Speedy Help To Fix Problems
You can contact at Canon Printer Customer Support Phone Number, which is a toll-free and available 24×7 hours for your help. We are independent Canon pointer support providers and provide 24*7 online support for your Canon Printer queries. A team of well-experienced and certified technicians is available round the clock to resolve your Canon Printer technical issues. It assures you will grab the swift, hasty and perfect solutions to any kind of Canon Printer technical issues & errors at a reasonable cost. Hence, call now for a toll-free number to instant help for Canon Printer mishaps.