Here the blog about the discussion of Fix Canon mx700/mx870 Printer Error Code 5100. The error generally appears on the computer or printer display screen, when users doing printing task with their Canon Printer, and often they are unable to print. However, often Canon printer not printing well, and show error codes and issues, which is faced by many users. It is really annoying as asking your expensive Canon mx310/mx700/mx870 Printer to print an important document and seeing error code 5100 pops up instead of the neatly printed paperwork you need. Understanding the reason for the error code 5100 and what steps users should take to resolve the problem can have users back on track with the newly printed page-fast. Canon mx310/mx700/mx870 Printer is widely recognized for their outstanding performance and robustness. The canon printer models are no doubt the most sought after printers because of their rich attribute. So, when users face Canon mx310 Printer Error Code 5100, they need to contact with Canon printer tech support team, at dialing Canon technical support number which works 24×7 to help. Thus, users can follow some instructions described below to quickly solve the issue.
Methods to Fix Canon mx310/mx700/mx870 Printer Error Code 5100
Method 1:- Look Inside Canon mx310 Printer for a Tiny Object
When users as you face a Canon mx310 printer Error Code 5100 while doing printing task, then they immediate need to look inside for a tiny object like a piece of paper, a staple, etc. For this thing, the users the users will need firstly to turned off the Canon mx310 printer and the power cord unplugged. After, then they need to open the machine and inspect the inside. Verify that you see any stray pieces of paper along the paper’s usual route. Also, look inside for a tiny object like a piece of paper, a staple.
After removing all the tiny objects, if you found, surely your issue will fixed. In case, it’s not fixed, then you should continue to the next solution.
Method 2:- Execute Purge Procedure
Sometimes the issue Canon mx700 or Canon mx870 Printer Error Code 5100, fixed by applying the purge mechanism. The purge cap (the white sliding mechanism which the print head parks to when it is not in use) may be not lubricated well enough. Lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don’t get it on the small wipers or the black caps). This thing repair probably needs removing the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism.
Method 3:- Clean the Timing Strip
In case you are unable to remove the Canon mx310/mx700/mx870 Printer Error Code 5100, by performing the above steps, then you should try to clean the timing strip, then there is a thin plastic strip running across the width in front of and below the drive belt. There are five black vertical lines on this strip. If the strip gets a piece of crud on it, you get an Error Code 5100 during the start-up sequence. Then you should to gently clean this strip with a damp lint-free tissue or clean clothes.
Now again performing the printing task, and observe the issue is fixed. If not, then go to next solution.
Method 4:- Reset the Ink Absorber
You should try to reset the waste ink absorber on a Canon mx870 Printer, which might help to resolve Error Code 5100 which you are getting when doing the printing task.
Follow the steps to do the task:-
- Make sure the Canon mx870 Printer is turned off.
- Press and hold the “Resume” button (triangle inside a circle).
- At the same time as it is held down, hold down the “Power” button. Then green led light will ON.
- Keep the “Power” button held down. Then release the “Resume” button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
- Release the “Power” button.
- Press the “Resume” button four times and then press the “Power” button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
- Turn off the printer and then turn it on again.
- Now start your work and observe still you are receiving an error. If yes, then go to the next step.
Method 5: – Reset the Ink Cartridges
You should try to reset the Ink Cartridges to resolve Canon mx310 or canon mx700 or Canon mx870 Printer Error Code5100.
- Turn off the Canon mx310 or canon mx700 or Canon mx870 Printer and unplug it from the outlet.
- Press the “On/Off” button while you plug the cable back in.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button two times while holding down the “On/Off” button, then let go of the “On/Off” button. This puts the printer into factory mode.
- Hit the right arrow button until you see “Shipping Mode 3” on the LCD display. Hit “OK” to select it.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button when you see a message that says “Without Cleaning.” This tells the Canon printer to print out a test page.
- Lift up the Canon MP 470 printer cover and wait for the cartridges to move to the left. Then unplug the printer from the outlet.
- Lift out both ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Plug the power cable back in and hit the “On/Off” button.
- Place the ink cartridges back inside once you see a message that says “Replace Cartridges.”
- Wait a few minutes for the printer to recognize the cartridges before trying to print.
Now check the error code 5100 is resolved, if not, then go to the next solution.
Method 6:- All Ink Tanks Remove and Reset
Finally, you should try to remove and reset “All Ink Tanks”, in order to resolve the Canon mx310/mx700/mx870 Printer Error Code 5100.
Follow these steps to do the task:-
- First, verify the paper feed areas of the printer, by using a flashlight of your mobile or other bright light. Also, verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
- Then look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
- Next, remove and reset all of the ink tanks inside the printer.
Dial us at Canon Customer Support Number for Online Help Immediately
Canon Customer Care Support Phone Number is available 24×7 hours to transport you the best possible solutions for your Canon Printer technical difficulties. We are the renowned and independent Canon support providers and have backed by a team of proficient experts, who works all the time, day and night to users help. We are happy to serve the world’s class Canon printer solutions & support to our clients of their Canon mail account difficulties. The users just need to connect with our Canon support service team by dialing this toll-free number and get the right solution on immediate request by technicians to printer issues within a less period of time. Hence, for any canon printer technical errors or issues, users can contact us anytime, or connect with our canon customer care support helpdesk, to get the swift, hasty and reliable solutions for the same promptly.