Canon MX922 is an all-in-one inkjet office printer and it offers various attractive features. You can connect this printer both wired and wirelessly. With the help of this printer, you will not only be able to print but also scan documents, along with copying, faxing.
With the help of this printer, you can print borderless photos within 21 seconds as it offers high speed. Auto-duplex printing and scanning are the key features of this printer. This printer has an automatic document feeder.
With the help of the AirPrint, you can print wirelessly and also use the Google Cloud Print. But to use these features, you need to know the Canon MX922 setup properly. For that, go through the steps that are mentioned below.
How to Setup Canon MX922 Wireless Printer
Below discussed are the effective steps that you can follow on your own for the Canon MX922 wireless setup.
Use the WPS Method to Connect the Canon PIXMA MX922 Printer to the Network
You can connect your printer to the network with the help of the WPS method. To use this method, go through the steps cited below.
- First, make sure the network router supports WPS.
- For setting up the WPS mode, you don’t need to enter the SSID name and password.
- Check whether your printer is switched on or not.
- Navigate to the Touch Panel and then tap on the Menu button.
- Now, go to the WLAN Setup option and then click on the OK option.
- After that, click on the OK option and then the printer will start to find the access point.
- If a compatible WPS network router is detected, then the touch panel will ask you to begin the printer setup procedure.
- Navigate to your wireless or network router and then hold the WPS button for at least five seconds.
- Thereafter, head over to the printer and then tap on the OK option.
- After opening the “Connected to the Access Point” dialog box, press the OK option.
- Finally, your printer will be connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Standard Connection Method
At first, load the CD or you can download and then open the printer’s driver. After that, according to the operating system follow the below-mentioned steps.
For Windows Users
- After opening an initial dialog box on your device, tap on the Next button.
- When a dialogue box will pop up on the new window, select the connectivity type, and choose the Wireless Connection option.
- Make sure that your printer is switched on and then check whether the printer’s power light is lit or not.
- Thereafter, click on the Next option, followed by the “Connect to the Network” option.
- Navigate to the Dialogue box and then press the Cableless Setup button.
- If you operate through Windows XP, then click on the “Other Setup Method” option.
- Now, hold the WiFi Button until you find that the Alarm light flashes twice.
- Check whether the Blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly or not. Then, make sure that the Green Power Lamp is turned On.
- After that, click on the region name, followed by the Next option and your place of residence.
- Go to the Next button and then choose the software and tools that you want to install.
- Click on the Yes option to select the “End User License Agreement” option.
- Finally, double-click on the Next option and then choose the Complete option.
For Mac Users
If you are using a Mac device, then follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Initially, load the installer CD. For that, check whether your Mac device has an external disc drive or not.
- If you find that the Disc drive is not available, then download the driver.
- Now, install the helper tool and for that tap on the Next button.
- Next, tap on the Wireless Connection button and then make sure that your printer is switched on.
- When you find that the Power Lamp is On, select the Next option.
- Navigate to the “Connect to the network” option and then click on the “wireless setup” option.
- After appearing in the “Connection through Cableless Setup” dialog box, hold the Wi-FI button.
- When you find that the orange light flashes twice, release the Wi-Fi button.
- Now, check whether the Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly or not and also make sure that the green light is on.
- Go to the Next option and then select your region and your residence. Again, navigate to the Next button and select those tools you want to install.
- Select the Yes option to agree to the terms and click on the Add Printer option. After that, select the Canon IJ Network driver version and then click on the Add option.
- Finally, click on the Complete option to finish the wireless setup process successfully.
Hopefully, with the help of the above solutions, you will be able to set up the Canon MX 922 wireless printer successfully.