Canon Pixma MX490 is an all-in-one wireless, inkjet printer. This printer can be connected both wired and wirelessly. This printer has in-built faxing, “My Image Garden” software and an automatic document feeder.
It has Air Print functionality, that helps you to print from your Mac devices. This printer also comes along with the Google Print functionality. With the help of this printer, you can easily print any document and even you can print borderless photos.
To enjoy all these features, at first you need to know the Canon MX490 setup. Thus, here you will get a proper guide to set up the printer without any hassle.
Steps Process: Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup
If you want to know how to set up the Canon MX490, then go through the steps that are mentioned below:
- At first, check whether your printer is connected to the power source or not.
- Make sure that your printer is turned On and its power lamp is lit.
- After that, tap on the printer’s Setup button to open the Setup Menu.
- Now, click on the Wireless LAN setup with the help of the navigation keys.
- Next, tap on the OK button and from the Wireless LAN Setup dropbox choose the Other Setup option.
- Finally, select the OK option. From the Other Setup, click on the Cableless Setup option, followed by the OK option.
- Now, you will find that the printer is ready for the Wireless LAN connection.
- Locate the required website and then locate the setup pathway. Click on the setup link to follow it.
- After opening the Product Selection screen, now you can access the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
Now, you need to download the printer driver and click on the Go option and select the region.
- Go to the Download option to start the procedure. Now, save the downloaded file and you will note that the setup will start automatically.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the procedure successfully.
- Now, you will find the complete details of your printer. If it shows correct information then select the Next option.
- Click on the LAN Connection option, followed by the “Connected via a wireless router” option and choose the Next option.
- Now, you will be asked to choose the Setup procedure again, click on the “Cableless Setup” option.
- Sometimes, the .NET screen might appear and from that click on the Yes option.
- When you see a list of software available for installation, select the Next option.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and open the Setup Completion window, click on the Next option.
- You can Agree or Disagree with the Extended Survey Program after reading the details based on your choice.
3rd Step: Perform a Test Print
After opening the Test Print Window, then load plain paper in the printer.
- Now, click on the Execute option, followed by the Next option.
- If you want to skip the test then you can click on the Skip option. Otherwise, click on the Execute button and then on the Next option.
- Finally, click on the Exit option to confirm that the installation is successful.
Hopefully, with the help of the above steps, you will be able to set up the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to connect your Canon MX490 printer to WIFI?
If you want to connect the Canon MX490 printer to WIFI, then go through the steps cited below.
- Initially, check whether your printer is switched on or not. If you find that the Power button is On then the POWER lamp will be lit.
- On the printer tap on the Setup button and followed by the Wireless LAN Setup option.
- Now, click on the OK option. Thus, the printer will be able to locate compatible wireless routers automatically.
How to print from your iPhone without the AirPrint?
Without the AirPrint, you can print from your iPhone and for that, go through the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, download and install your preferred printing app on your MAC device.
- Then, open the app and follow the instructions.
- Now, launch the Wi-Fi or the USB and press the “Add Printer” option.
- Next, select your printer model number to add it to your smartphone.
- Open the file which you want to print and then select your printer model number. Then click on the Print option.