Canon Support Code 1403 usually signifies any corruption within the printhead. It indicates that the cartridges or the printhead injected within the system are defective or faulty.
Regardless of the cause, the entire situation is very bothersome and requires a quick fix to get rid of the error immediately. Follow the guide thoroughly to know how you can fix the error.
How to Fix Support Code 1403 Canon MX922?
Users often claim to face Support code 1403 Canon MX922. If you are facing an ideal problem, then at first restart both the operating system and printer. Check whether the Canon support code 1403 reappears or not.
If you notice that the error still persists then follow the solution mentioned below thoroughly.
The first thing you need to follow is to check whether your printer is turned off or not. Now, slowly unplug the printer from the power supply. Open the lid and wait for the carriage so that it can slide automatically. After that, remove all the ink cartridges one by one.
Clean the printhead, cartridges, and other hardware parts carefully. To do so, we will need a cotton swab, hot water, and isopropyl alcohol.
Take the cotton swabs and dip it carefully into a mixture of both hot water and isopropyl alcohol. Now, you need to wipe both the cartridges and the printhead carefully until there are clean and dried.
Now, check if any remains of inks are snoozing out from the printhead. You need to keep in mind that until the cartridges get dried completely, you should not insert it back into the machine.
Once the cartridges drys out completely, make sure to insert it within the printhead of the printer. After that, you need to put the top cover back to its initial place.
You need to check that no cartridge or printhead gets out from any side. After that, you will have to plug in the printer back to the power supply and then turn your printer on again.
Now, you can check whether the ink cartridges are working correctly or not. Check the printing quality by running a quality check and see whether it prints precisely or not.
Additionals Solutions You Can Try
The method mentioned above should resolve the error for you without any hassle. However, if the error persists even after trying the above solution then make sure to try the solutions given below:
An outdated printer driver is one of the reasons why you may suffer from such errors. Thus, it is important to get rid of it. To do so, follow the steps given below in sequence.
- Go to the Start menu, click on Control Panel and select ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Click on Device Manager and then select “Printer” from the dropdown list.
- Now, right-click on your printer and select “Update driver”. Choose whether you want to search for the driver automatically or manually.
- Apart from that, you can reach the official website of Canon and download the driver for the same.
Once done, install the driver by following the instructions appearing on the screen and complete the setup.
Any inappropriate or unwanted settings of the printer can also lead to this error. Hence, it is recommended to change it by following the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu, click on Settings and then select ‘Printer & Faxes’.
- Now, right-click on the printer and choose Properties.
- Within the Advanced tab, select the Printing Default button and then change the settings accordingly.
Solution 3: Replace the Ink Cartridges
As mentioned earlier, the problem is associated with the ink cartridges and thus to resolve it, it is recommended to replace it with a new set of ink cartridges.
Here are the steps you need to follow for replacing the ink cartridges easily. Before starting the process, make sure to switch on the printer.
- Open the front cover and the paper output tray. Again, open the paper output cover.
- Now, push the cartridge until it makes a click like sound and then removes it instantly from the printer.
- Unpack the new cartridge that you got and discard the protective tape from the surface as well.
- Insert the cartridge within the system and move it slantingly within the cartridge holder.
- Push it until it makes a click like sound. Once you get to hear it, this means the cartridge is installed within its slot.
- Now, close the paper output cover completely.
So, these were some of the solutions, following which you should be able to resolve the Canon Support code 1403 easily.
Related Blog How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 306 on Mac?
If the error still continues to exist then, there are two possible reasons and they are:
- Defective ink cartridges
- Problem lies in the print head and needs an immediate replacement
Call us at Canon Printer Support Number to fix your issues
Connect to our technicians at Canon Customer Support Number to experience proactive replies for all your Canon printer issues with the right kind of solution. We can be reached out 24*7 hours to help you overcome all types of Canon printer problems. So, call us now and get your issues solved as fastest as possible.