If your Canon mp510 Printer was working perfectly fine until a few times ago, it suddenly stops working and displaying an error 5100, then you need to panic about it. You can quickly Fix Canon mp510 Printer Error Code 5100, by just pursuing some troubleshooting solutions. Usually, an error 5100 code is saying that the ink carriage has problems. Typically something currently is or recently hammed the cartridge carriage, and there is a problem with the printer, and may you need to inspect the Printer inside to see any stray pieces of paper along the paper’s usual route. Even something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there. Well, it’s time to resolve by following either below mention blog steps or you can connect to Canon Printer Support Number for connecting with certified professionals for resolving Canon mp510 Printer Error Code 5100 online remote assistance immediate.
Cause of Canon mp510 Printer Error Code 5100:-
- Ink Carriage
- Broken Canon Printer
- Printer is not running
- Piece of paper has been jammed in the printer
- Foreign object blocking your cartridge carriage that disables it from moving
Solutions to Canon mp510 Printer Error Code 5100:-
Solution 1:- Check for Canon mp510 Printer Connection
You should try to check for a Canon printer connection, in order to see its proper functioning or not.
- Go to your computer, and click on “Start” button and then select “Devices and Printers” section.
- Then you will see your Canon mp510 printer appear, under heading “Printers and Faxes” area, means your Printer connects well with your PC. In case, your Canon mp510 printer there is not showing means it proves your Printer don’t connect to your PC.
Now connect the printer again by checking proper peripheral connections & power cord.
Solution 2:- Unplugging the Printer Power Cord and Then Plugging
You should try to unplug the unit from the power source and then plug it. Often unplugging the unit from the power source and then plugging it back again can clear the error message.
If the message continues to appear on the LCD or your computer/printer. Then go to the next solution.
Solution 3:- Inspect the Inside To Observe Any Stray pieces of paper or Paper Jammed
With the printer turned off and the power cord unplugged, open the printer and inspect the inside the printer to see any stray pieces of paper along the paper’s usual route? Also, look inside for a tiny object or things like a paper clip, staple, debris and small pieces of paper.
If you are found tiny objects, then immediately remove it, or clean it with clothes.
Solution 4:- Ensure that the Timing Strip is cleaned
Ensure that the timing strip is cleaned and free of dirt. The timing strip is a white small transparent plastic that usually stays in front or below the drive belt. Also, there is another similar strip that you could clean, it has a black vertical line running across on this strip. Make sure that there are no ink or dirt sticking to the strip, use a soft piece of tissue to clean it.
The purpose of this strip is to control the movement of the printer head and guiding to go back and forth.
Solution 5:- Reseat the Ink Cartridges To Clear the Error Code 5100
You should try to reset your Canon mp510 Printer ink cartridges to fix the issue.
Follow these steps to do tasks:-
- Turn off the Canon mp510 printer and unplug it from the outlet.
- Press the “On/Off” button while you plug the cable back in.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button two times while holding down the “On/Off” button, then let go of the “On/Off” button. This puts the printer into factory mode.
- Hit the right arrow button until you see “Shipping Mode 3” on the LCD display. Hit “OK” to select it.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button when you see a message that says “Without Cleaning.” This tells the Canon printer to print out a test page.
- Lift up the Canon mp510 printer cover and wait for the cartridges to move to the left. Then unplug the printer from the outlet.
- Lift out both ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Plug the power cable back in and hit the “On/Off” button.
- Place the ink cartridges back inside once you see a message that says “Replace Cartridges.”
- Wait a few minutes for the printer to recognize the cartridges before trying to print.
Now check the error is resolved, if not, then go to the next solution.
Solution 6:- Remove and Reset all of The Ink Tanks in the Printer
You should try to resolve the issue by trying to remove and reset all of the Ink tanks in the Printer.
Follow these steps to do tasks:-
- With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
- Then look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
- Next, remove and reset all of the ink tanks in the printer.
Now perform the task with your Canon mp510 Printer, and see the error is resolved
If you still experience the same error after performing the steps above, then Canon mp510 Printer will require service to resolve the issue. Please click on the contact with us at Canon customer service number to obtain your servicing options.
Dial Canon Customer Care Number To Receive Fast Resolutions & Help
You can call at Canon Customer Care Phone Number anytime from anywhere, and connect with the dazzling and experienced Canon Customer care support team. The proficient experts will give you the excellent guidance to troubleshoot this issue. In addition, you can get the hasty support & services to fix other kinds of Canon printer technical issues. Hence, call now toll-free number and connect with skilled technicians, who are available 24x/365 days for your help, and get support for further Canon printer queries.