Canon MG2500 is an all-in-one compact printer, offering superb convenience and amazing printing quality for your office or home purpose. If you are using the printer for quite a long time, then you will need to change the ink cartridge to gain flawless printing experience.
Easy Steps: How to Change Ink in Canon MG2500
Here, we are going to present the easy steps through which you can get to know how to change ink in canon mg2500 easily. So, you can take a quick look at the steps stated below:
First and foremost, confirm that you have turned the Canon MG2500 printer On. Afterward, open the cover of the paper tray and remove it. Then, retract the extensions of the output tray.
Now, open the cover of the ink cartridge. Then, move it to the replacement position.
- Don’t hold the holder of the ink cartridge to move or stop it forcibly and don’t touch it until it stops completely.
- The interior of your printer parts may be stained with ink. So, you have to be careful not to stain the clothes or your hands while changing the ink cartridge.
- You can use a tissue paper or a wet cloth to wipe off the ink from the inside of the printer.
- Don’t touch the metallic components inside the printer.
- If you leave the cover open for more than 12 minutes, then the ink cartridge holder may start to move. Thus, do not panic if you see that the Alarm indicator starts to flash.
Now, you can remove the empty ink cartridge. To do this, push the ink cartridge down until you hear a beep sound. After that, remove the ink cartridge from their place.
Next, prepare the new Fine ink cartridge for installation. Remove the ink cartridge out of its packing materials. Then, remove the protective tape from the cartridge gently.
Note: Don’t shake the ink cartridge while removing from the package. The ink may spill and may stain your surrounding areas and hands, so be careful.
Now, you can install the new ink cartridge to the printer. To do this, insert the new ink cartridge into the holder of the ink cartridge. You can install the color ink cartridge into the left slot of the panel.
Then, place the black ink cartridge into the right slot of the panel. After installing them push them in until they snap into their accurate place.
Note: Install both the colored as well as the black cartridge. The printer can’t print unless you install both the cartridges.
Now, you can close the cover. If you see that the Alarm indicator is starting to flash, then close the cover of the paper tray and take relevant action. The printer may make noise while doing this operation.
Afterward, you have to adjust the position of the print head and align the print head. Now, you have successfully changed the ink of your Canon MG2500 printer.
Tips to Remember while Changing Ink Cartridges
- Don’t touch the print head and the nozzle or electrical contacts of the ink cartridge. If you touch them the printer may not run properly.
- After removing the ink cartridge, you have to replace the cartridge as soon as possible. Don’t leave the device with the ink cartridge removed.
- It is recommended to use a Fine ink cartridge for replacement. If you install a used ink cartridge, it may cause clogging of the nozzle.
- Once you install the ink cartridge, don’t remove it from the printer and leave it out in the open.
- To maintain the quality of the optimal printing, you can change the ink cartridge within six months of the first usage.
FAQ: How to Check the Ink Status of a Printer?
You can check the remaining ink level of your printer from your computer. To do this, first of all, open the Setup window of the printer driver. Then, navigate to the Maintenance tab and then tap on the ‘View Printer Status’ option.
As a result, it will redirect you back to the ‘Canon IJ Status’ window. Here, you will be able to see the ink status of your printer. You can click on the ‘Ink Details’ option to get further ink-related information.