Printer not activated error code 30 is one such error that generally occurs when users are trying to print a PDF file. This error occurs if the printer’s setting is misconfigured.
If you are confronting this error and want to get back your printer in its working state, then follow the undermentioned methods.
Possible Causes Behind Printer Not Activated Error Code 30 On Windows 10
There can be various causes why your printer shows you “activated error code 30”. Some of the prominent causes are as follows:
- No proper permission on your account.
- The printer driver installation is incorrect.
- Using an outdated version of the Windows Operating System.
- The printer device not set as the default device.
Printer Not Activated Error Code 30: 5 Easy Fixes
Follow the underlying instructions and try to resolve the “printer not activated” error in no time. Without further delay, let’s begin!
Before you proceed with any critical fix, try to run the Printer Troubleshooter that is specially designed to resolve the printer related bugs and glitches.
To run this utility, follow the instructions mentioned in the below section:
- Open the “Start menu” and go to the “Settings app”.
- Inside the Settings, scroll down and choose the “Update and Security”.
- From the “Update and Security” window, choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Afterward, hit the “Run the Troubleshooter” button.
- Stick on the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Printer Troubleshooter tool will scan your device and look for the errors related to the printer not activated error code 30. Once the problem gets detected then it will get resolved automatically.
Users often encounter the printer activated error when they are using outdated or corrupted printer drivers. If this situation takes place, then you need to update the printer driver to its latest version.
Follow the steps to perform this task.
- Press the combination of the “Windows logo + R key”.
- When the Run dialog box initiates, write “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter key.
- Once you access the “Device Manager”, locate and double tap on the branch with the device you want to update.
- From the appeared menu, right-click on the “Printer Driver” and hit the “Update Driver” button.
- Let the device search for the latest printer drivers. So, choose the “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option from the resultant menu.
- If updates are available, then hit the “Install Update” button.
- Tap on the “OK” button when you are prompted to confirm the installation process.
Once the installation process gets completed, reboot your device to save the new changes.
At times, due to the security permissions, the printer not activated error code 30 message occurs. You may lack certain permissions that may restrict you from printing a document or PDF smoothly. But, you can easily resolve this matter by resetting the application’s security permissions.
Open the application that renders you the error message. Proceed to tap on it and select the “Properties” from the appeared menu. Navigate to the “Security tab” and choose your “User Account” from the context menu.
In the next screen, hit the “Edit” button and choose your “User Account” again. Locate and select the “Full control” option from the “Allow” column. Save the changes by tapping on the “Apply” button as well as the “OK” button.
After you execute these instructions, you have full access over the application, and the printer activated error should be eliminated.
You can also get stuck with the printer error code 30 if there is a bug within the registry. To resolve this error efficiently, try to reset the Windows Registry as per the system requirement.
- Launch the Run window and enter “regedit” inside the dialog box.
- Hit the Enter key to open the “Registry Editor”.
- Under the Registry Editor, navigate to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\Software\TS PDF Generator”
- Locate and select the “TS PDF Generator” key and hit the “Permission” button from the queue menu.
- Go to the “Users Group” and select the “Full Control” option from the “Allow” column.
- Save the recent modification by tapping on the “OK” button twice.
After you reset the Windows Registry, reboot your device to verify whether the printer activated error has been removed or not.
Further, you can also find the printer error if your device isn’t set as the default device. Therefore, we suggest you set your printer as the default device.
- Open the “Settings app” and go to the “Device” section.
- From the appeared menu, choose the “Printers & scanners” and hit the “Manage” button.
- Choose “Set as Default” button to make your printer as default.
Now, your printer is set as a default device and the printer activated error will get resolved.