Canon Selphy CP1300 is a fast Wi-Fi photo printer that produces excellent printing output. Using this printer, you can directly print from computers, smartphones, cameras and memory cards. This model of the Canon printer is supported on both Windows and Mac computers.
If you want to enjoy its features, then at first, you have to set this printer correctly.
How to Set up Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer
Follow the steps given below thoroughly in order to complete the first-time Canon Selphy CP1300 printer setup.
In the beginning, you have to unpack the printer from the box. Apart from that, remove the packing material from the printer. Now, lightly place the Canon CP1300 printer on a clean surface.
Within the box, you will see a Starter Guide, power adapter, and power cord.
Remove the packing stickers from the Canon printer. After that, you need to open the ink access door and then, load the ink cartridges within the paper.
Thereafter, close the ink access door. Now, put some photo papers within the tray and put the input tray within the slot provided in the Canon printer.
Now, take a power cable and connect one end of it to the power supply. The other end must be connected to the printer’s port. After that, press and hold the power button and turn on the Canon printer.
Next, download the printer driver from the official website the Canon printer.
Once the downloading procedure gets completed, move to the Downloads folder. The driver must be named as cp 1300-100-101.exe.
In order to install the printer driver, follow the instructions appearing on the display. In case you see the connection type display, select the connection method and after that, tap on the Ok button.
The setup procedure is now completed. Insert some pages for a sample test.
How to Print on Selphy CP1300
Follow these directions in order to print on the Canon Selphy CP1300.
- In the beginning, you have to connect the Selphy CP1300 printer and your device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, put some photo papers within the input paper tray.
- Ensure that the Canon printer is powered on as well as connected to the access point.
- Select the Wi-Fi settings and thereafter click on the OK button
- After that, you should select the Connection method. Click on OK to continue.
- On the next page, choose the Via Wi-Fi network option. Thereafter, tap on OK.
- Select the WPS connection method. Next, hit the OK button.
- Furthermore, choose the PBC method and press the OK button.
- Then, you need to establish the connection between the computer and the Selphy CP 1300 printer.
- Open a photo on the computer and tap on the Print button.
- Next, you should change the print settings and hit the Print option
Now, the Canon printer will start to print the selected photos.
How to Connect the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer to the Wi-Fi?
First, hold down the Power button in order to turn on the printer. After that, move to the printer’s Control Panel and tap on the Wi-Fi Settings icon. Furthermore, hold the OK button and enable the Wi-Fi Settings. Tap on OK to continue.
Next, select the Wi-Fi network button and after that, the printer will automatically search for the available networks. On the next page, select the Network name and enter the password. Furthermore, move to the Printers and Scanners menu on your computer.
Tap on the Add Device option. Now, add the Selphy CP1300 printer from the list of available devices. Afterward, click on OK and make the required changes. In addition, set the printer as the default printer and then, print photos from your computer.
How to Directly Print Photos from a Camera on the Selphy CP1300 Printer?
- First, you have to connect the Canon printer and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Hold the power button and turn on the Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Proceed to the machine’s Control Panel and click on the Wireless button.
- Select the Connection method and after that, choose the Direct Connection button. Tap on the OK key to continue.
- Go to the camera’s Wi-Fi section and select the SSID shown on the SELPHY printer. Afterward, type the password.
- Furthermore, choose the photos that you want to print and after that, hit the Print option.
- While the printing process is running don’t disconnect any device.
- When finished, collect the printed photos from the output tray.
How to Print by Using the Airprint Feature on the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer?
In case, you wish to print from the Mac OS device, then use the AirPrint feature. To do so, power on the printer first. Then, connect the machine and the Mac device to the same wi-fi network. Afterward, choose the image that you want to print.
Select the proper options. Like, paper sizes, the number of copies and others. Choose the Canon printer from the list of devices. Tap on the Print option and then the images will be printed.