Canon MX340 is an all-in-one inkjet printer. This printer can be connected both wired and wirelessly. Other than print, you can be scanning, fax, sending documents, etc. This printer is idle for home or small office purposes. With the help of the auto document feeder, you can copy or scan original documents quickly.
This printer has various security protected features such as password-protected PDFs. It also comes with in-built Wi-Fi that helps you to connect the printer anywhere at any time. In addition, it has an Airprint feature and that helps you to print from your Mac device.
It has an Easy-WebPrint Ex option and that helps you to print from the web. This printer comes with an affordable price. To experience all these features, set your printer first and for that follow the procedure mentioned below.
How to Setup Canon MX340 Wireless Printer
Here we have explained Canon MX340 wireless setup procedure in a few simple steps. Implementing these steps should help you set up the Canon MX340 wireless printer.
- At first, your Canon MX340 printer needs to turn on.
- Now, tap on the Menu button at least 3 times. Thus, you will be able to locate the Device Settings option.
- Now, go to the LAN Settings option and then click on OK.
- Navigate to the Wireless LAN setup option and then tap on the OK button.
- Click on the OK option and followed by the Easy Setup option.
- Hold the right arrow until you find your wireless network.
- Thereafter, tap on the OK button.
- Now, you need to confirm that you selected the correct wireless network and for that tap on the OK option again.
- From the right side of the screen, select the number and letter keys to type the password of your wireless network.
- After correctly entering the password click on the OK option.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until you get a message that says the Canon MX340 printer is connected to the wireless network. Then, just install the printer.
Hopefully, following the above steps, you will be able to set up the Canon MX340 wireless printer easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you connect your printer to your device wirelessly?
Ans: If you want to connect your printer to your computer wirelessly, go through the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to the Start menu and then double-click on the Devices and Printers option.
- After that, select the “Add a printer” option.
- Navigate to the Add Printer Wizard option and then select “Add a Local Printer”.
- Head over the “Choose a printer port” page and then click on the “Use an Existing Port” option.
- Thereafter, click on the Next option.
- Now, navigate to Install the printer driver page and then double-click on the printer manufacturer and model.
- Again click on the Next option.
- Sometimes, your printer might not be listed. In that case, select the Windows Update option.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until Windows completes checking for the additional drivers.
- If none of them are available but you have the installation CD, then select the “Have Disk” option. Then go to the folder where the printer driver is located.
- After completing the additional steps in the Wizard, select the Finish option.
How do you update your Canon printer driver?
Ans: Sometimes, you need to update your Canon printer driver. To do that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure that you accessed the printer connection from your computer.
- Navigate to the Start menu and then enter “Windows Update”.
- After the new window opens, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- Now click on the “Optional Updates” or the “Install Updates” links.
- Finally, you need to follow all the on-screen instructions until the update procedure completes successfully.
How do you install your Canon printer without a driver?
Ans: With the help of a USB cable, you can install your printer without a driver. For that, perform the following.
- At first, attach the printer’s USB cable into your computer and then turn the printer on.
- Go to the Start menu and then enter “Printers and Scanners”.
- After that, navigate to the “Add a printer or scanner” option and then select your printer’s name.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instructions until your printer gets installed.