Canon MG2900 is a Wireless Inkjet all-in-one printer that offers the best printing output at an affordable price.
Drivers, as is known are the most essential part of any printer and Canon MG2900 is no different. Hence, it is important that you download and update the printer driver from time to time for a smooth and uninterrupted workflow.
Without the Canon MG2900 driver, you can not utilize its features to the fullest. If you wish to install the printer driver by yourself, then at first, you have to download it.
How to Download Canon MG2900 Driver
Canon MG2900 printer works on both Windows and Mac. Take a look at the procedures explained below and download the printer driver on your Windows or Mac device.
Download Canon MG2900 Driver for Windows
Here are the instructions that need to be followed in order to download the MG2900 driver on your Windows computer.
- First, visit the official website of the Canon MG2900 printer and tap on the best-suited driver for your device.
- The download will start automatically.
- Once complete, click on the Open folder button.
- The downloaded file is stored in a specific folder and the format must be ‘.exe’
- Now, you have to double-click in the EXE file in order to decompress it. After that, the installation procedure will begin.
Carefully follow the instructions that appear on the screen. The Windows Installer will show on the screen. Tap on Next to continue.
Wait for sometimes and when the process is finished, restart the system.
Download Canon MG2900 Driver for Mac OS
If you are a Mac user, follow these directions and quickly download the driver on your device.
- Visit the official site of the Canon MG2900 printer and select the file that is compatible with your Mac system.
- Once you are done with the downloading, click on the Open folder option.
- The download file is stored on the specified folder and, the format should be (.dmg).
- Next, you should double-click on the file that you have downloaded. After that, install the file on the Disk image.
- Next, double-click on the file which is packaged within a folder.
Finally, follow the onscreen instructions and after that, the installation process will start automatically. Wait till the completion of the procedure.
People Also Ask
How can you connect Canon MG2900 Printer to Wi-Fi?
First, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the Canon printer until you see the Alarm lamp flashes once. After that, release the Wi-Fi button. Ensure that the Wi-Fi lamp and the ON lamp flashes quickly.
Now, press and hold the access point button for 2 to 3 minutes. Ensure that the Wi-Fi lamp and the ON lamp are lit.
Why is my Canon Wireless Printer Not Responding?
In most cases, if there is a lack of communication between the computer and the printer, the Canon printer will stop responding. In such a condition, press the Setup button on the Canon printer.
Next, select the Easy Setup option. Confirm the choice by clicking on the OK button. On the next page, select the Access Point and furthermore enter the Wi-Fi password. Click on OK to continue.
Next, insert the setup disk within your device. In order to install the Canon printer to the device, you need to run the setup. Choose Easy Install from the available options. After that, the ‘Printer on Networking’ option will appear on the screen.
Click on Yes and proceed to the troubleshooting step. Tap on Next and start the installation process. Wait for a while for the procedure to get completed.
How do I get my Computer to Recognize the Printer?
Follow the directions given below to perform the task.
- First, set the printer near the device.
- Power on the Printer.
- Turn on your computer and after that connect the printer to the computer through a USB cable.
- Click on the Start menu at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, tap on the Settings option.
- Under Settings, locate and click on the Devices option.
- On the next page, tap on the Printers and Scanners option.
- After that, click on ‘Add a printer or scanner’. You will find it at the top of the page.
- Next, select your printer’s name and choose the ‘Add Device’ button.
Finally, follow the online wizard and complete the remaining task.